Working together to make evidence-informed decision-making a reality
Our vision is to reduce poverty and inequality in our region by increasing
the production and application of research evidence that is both useful and used.
THE GOALS FOR OUR CENTRE ARE TO:
- Produce useful research evidence to inform policy and practice across the region
- Support the production of high quality systematic reviews, maps and evidence syntheses by others
- Support the use of research evidence amongst decision-makers
- Ensure that systematic review, mapping and synthesis design and methods are fully responsive to the contexts and needs of research producers and users in Africa, and
- Build strategic local, national, regional and international partnerships with the shared vision of ensuring research is high quality, useful and used.
We are an international multi-disciplinary team, based at the University of Johannesburg, working across the continent. We have a track record for high quality collaborative work with strong partnerships with governments, universities and NGOs. Amongst other initiatives, we provide the secretariat to the Africa Evidence Network.