EVIDENCE MAPS REPOSITORY
Below are all the evidence maps produced to date by the synthesis team at ACE.
1. 2021: Better measurement of efforts to support EIPM&I in Africa: collating the evidence base. Andile Madonsela, Laurenz Langer. (Ongoing).
2. 2021: Engaging stakeholders with evidence and uncertainty framework for stakeholder engagement evidence map. Sandy Oliver, Laurenz Langer, Mukdarut Bangpan, Promise Nduku.
3. 2021: Local government implementation of climate change mitigation projects: learnings for the City of Johannesburg. Metoh Azunui. (Ongoing).
4. 2021: The socio-economic impacts of contraceptive in Africa: an evidence map. Promise Nduku (Ongoing).
5. 2020: The South African Gender Knowledge Hub: mapping the evidence. Andile Madonsela, Nkululeko Tshabalala, Laurenz Langer. (Ongoing).
6. 2020: Understanding Interventions that Work in achieving Developmental Water Management, Using Systematic Review and the South African Case Study. Luvuyo Zigana (Not public).
7. 2019-2020: Student support in post-graduate blended learning programmes: An evidence map. Africa Center for Evidence. (Not public).
8. 2019: eHealth for HIV prevention, diagnosis, treatment and care for key populations worldwide. Frontline AIDS, Africa Centre for evidence, Positive action. South Africa.
9. 2019: Evidence map of innovation for inclusive industrialisation: connecting policy interventions and expected outcomes. Africa Centre for evidence, South African Research Chairs Initiative. South Africa.
10. 2019: Mapping the evidence: South African interventions to prevent violence against women and children evidence map. Matodzi M Amisi, Nkululeko Tshabalala, Megan Cooke, Mmabatho Molebatsi, Muofhe Mulondo, Diketso Mufamadi, Chandré Gould and Laurenz Langer.
11. 2019: Policy-relevant evidence map on Human Settlement and Housing in South Africa. Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Africa Centre for Evidence. South Africa. (Not public).
12. 2019: Policy-relevant evidence map on land reform in South Africa. Africa Centre for evidence. South Africa. (Not public)
13. 2019: Systematic map of energy sufficiency measures in energy scenarios in mitigation pathways aiming at meeting the Paris Climate target. Africa Centre for Evidence. South Africa. (Not public).
14. 2019: The art and science of using evidence in Africa: an evidence map. Promise Nduku, Nkululeko Tshabalala, Shona Putuka, Andile Madonsela, Laurenz Langer. Africa Centre for Evidence. South Africa.
15. 2018-2021: South African Environmental Evidence Mega Map. CEE Johannesburg. Africa Centre for Evidence. South Africa. (ongoing).
16. 2018-2019: An evidence map of undergraduate student support interventions in a blended learning context. Promise Nduku. Africa Centre for Evidence. South Africa. (Not public)
17. 2018-2019: Mapping the National Spatial Development Framework: a policy-relevant evidence map. (Not public)
18. 2018: Using mobile technologies to support the training of community health workers in low-income and middle-income countries: mapping the evidence. Niall Winters, Laurenz Langer, Promise Nduku, James Robson, James O’Donovan, Pallab Maulik, Chris Paton, Anne Geniets, David Peiris, Shobhana Nagra. BMJ Global health.
19. 2018: Early Grade Mathematics in South Africa: a policy-relevant evidence map. Department for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation. Africa Centre for Evidence. South Africa. (Not public)
20. 2018: Rethinking mobile learning for development: Using the Capability Approach and a mixed-methods systematic review to conceptualise the application of mobile technologies as an educational tool in Low-and Middle-Income Countries. Laurenz Langer. University College London.
21. 2017: Evidence of what works to increase female labour market participation in LMICs. Laurenz Langer, Yvonne Erasmus, Natalie Tannous, Ekwaro Obuku, Zafeer Ravat, Charity Chisoro, Mary Opondo, Promise Nduku, Janise Tripney, Carina van Rooyen, Ruth Stewart. Africa Centre for Evidence. South Africa.
22. 2017: Physical, psychological, sexual, and systemic abuse of children with disabilities in East Africa: Mapping the evidence. Niall Winters, Laurenz Langer, Anne Geniets. PLoSONE. Oxford University.
23. 2017: Assessing the Capable and Developmental State in South Africa: a policy-relevant evidence map. Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Africa Centre for Evidence. (Not public)
24. 2017: Evidence on the links between ecosystem services and poverty alleviation in Africa. Africa Centre for evidence. South Africa.
25. 2015: When will we ever learn? An evidence map and synthesis of the effectiveness of sport for development interventions in Africa. Laurenz Langer. African Journal for Physical, Health, Education, Recreation and Dance. South Africa.
26. 2015: Sport for development: a systematic map of evidence from Africa. Laurenz Langer. South African Review of Sociology. South Africa.
27. 2014: The size and nature of the evidence base for smallholder farming in Africa: a systematic map. Ruth Stewart, Yvonne Erasmus, Hazel Zaranyika, Natalie Rebelo Da Silva, Marcel Korth, Laurenz Langer, Nicola Randall, Nolizwe Madinga, Thea de Wet. Journal of Development Effectiveness.