POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS & INTERNS
Through our Evidence Capacities portfolio, ACE welcomes and supports post-graduate students, interns, and post-doctoral researchers. Currently, we do not have any post-doctoral researchers based at our centre, although we welcome applications.
Current doctoral students
- Metoh Azunui (supervised by Laurenz Langer and Carina van Rooyen), PhD Development Studies, Local Government Implementation of Climate Change Mitigation Projects: Learnings for the City of Johannesburg.
- Harsha Dayal (supervised by Ruth Stewart), PhD Development Studies, Advancing Knowledge Brokering Through Coproduction for Enhanced State Capacity.
- Sunet Jordaan (supervised by Carina van Rooyen and Ruth Stewart), PhD Development Studies, The Development of a Framework for Mentorships As a Mechanism To Increase The Use Of Evidence In Decision-Making.
- Suvania Naidoo (supervised by Carina van Rooyen), PhD Development Studies, University of Johannesburg. Social constructions of water quality in the Blesbokspruit in the context of acid mine drainage and its treatment.
- Liya Woldmichael (supervised by Ruth Stewart), PhD Development Studies, Evidence-Informed Policy-Making in Ethiopia: Current Status and Future Directions.
- Luvuyo Zigana (supervised by Laurenz Langer and Carina van Rooyen), PhD Development Studies, University of Johannesburg. Understanding Interventions that Work in Achieving Developmental Water Management in South Africa, Using Systematic Reviewing and Interviews.
Current masters students
- Nina Noyahi (co-supervised by Carina van Rooyen), MA Development Studies, Refugeeship as adaptation to a changing environment.
- Nollen Mdlovu (supervised by Laurenz Langer), MA Development Studies, The use of evidence by senior decision-makers in the South African Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Kartik Sharma McMaster University, Canada
- Peter Belesiotis McMaster University, Canada
- Natalie Tchakerian McMaster University, Canada
- Stephen Chen McMaster University, Canada
- Kathy Huang McMaster University, Canada
- Peter Youssef McMaster University, Canada
- Malcolm Hartman McMaster University, Canada
- Matthew Hughsam McMaster University, Canada